Friday, April 23, 2010

Crustless Custard Pie

I love custard pie, but I'm totally talentless in the crust department. This pie forms a crust in the oven. It's super easy and really yummy. The original recipe called for an optional addition of 1 1/2 cups of flaked coconut that is to be added right before pouring into the pie pan (not to be put into the blender with the other ingredients). Maybe I'll try it next time. I thought it was in need of nutmeg, so I added it.

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups milk
4 whole eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1 TB vanilla
Nutmeg, optional

Combine all ingredients (except nutmeg or coconut) in the blender for 10 seconds. Pour into a buttered deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool, then refrigerate.

Recipe Source: www.tastykitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment