Friday, February 26, 2010

Turkey Pesto Sandwiches

I ordered a similar sandwich at Starbucks a few years ago and decided I could make it at home. It's my favorite for a casual lunch or picnic. I really don't like cranberries, but love them on this sandwich.

Mayonaise
Jarred pesto
Deli turkey meat
Dried cranberries
Romaine lettuce
Ciabatta-type bread or rustic roll

Mix some mayo and pesto in a bowl to taste.

Cut the bread in half and place on a work surface, cut side up. Spread the pesto mayonaise on both sides and sprinkle cranberries on the bottom halves. Arrange the turkey over the cranberries and top with chiffonade lettuce. Top with other piece of bread and press to adhere.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that sandwich at Starbucks. It was a great seller. Your recipe sounds spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this one too! It will be a good Spring Break sandwich next week. Now all I need is a panini maker and make it a panini. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete