Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baked Pesto Chicken

Seems like a lot of pesto recipes lately. Part of the reason is my attempt to spend less money at the grocery store and use up all of the ingredients I've purchased for other recipes. I had jarred pesto leftover from my Turkey Pesto Sandwiches. This is about as quick and easy as a recipe can get--just 4 ingredients and you really don't need to measure anything. I used chicken tenders for this because they cook more evenly and take less time in the oven.

4 split chicken breasts
1/3 cup pesto sauce
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preaheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil.

Toss the chicken with the pesto sauce and place on the baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and top with tomato slices and cheese. Return to oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

3 comments:

  1. Duh, why haven't I thought of doing this! How simple and tasty! Thanks for the idea! I'm going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete