Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Garlic Parmesan Orzo

I love this side dish. It's a little too buttery, so I think next time I'll replace some of the butter with a little chicken stock. Tonight the broccoli I was going to make looked past its prime, so I chopped up a couple handfuls of fresh spinach and added it along with the parsley. It turned out really yummy! The recipe makes a lot of pasta, so when it's just the 3 of us I make a half recipe.

2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
3 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 TB minced fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through.

Recipe Source: http://www.foodtv.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment